The Best Breast Augmentation in Jacksonville FL
It goes without saying that Jacksonville, FL being a city on the beach swimming and surfing are definitely one of the most engaging activities the locals love. When you talk swimming or surfing, you are talking bikinis and shorts which consequently leads to the curves in your body. One of the reasons why most women find it uncomfortable wearing bikinis is the size of, their bodies and parts such as small breasts. For long this had been a challenge holding women from enjoying a sunny day on the beach in bikinis, but things have drastically changed. With advancement in breast augmentation techniques that have made it safer and more efficient the demand for this procedure has been rising steadily for over a decade now. Jacksonville’s South Atlantic region alone experienced a 16% increase in the number of breast mammoplasty procedures done in the year 2016 from 2015. Furthermore, statistics show that over $1b was used on breast augmentation surgeries in 2016! Jacksonville, FL with a population of 880,619 and rising is one of the areas that are bound to continue experiencing an increase in these operations. So what do you need to know about breast augmentation in Jacksonville FL?
The procedure also referred to as augmentation mammoplasty or boob job is a plastic surgery that is used to enhance the contour of a lady’s breasts through improving the breast’s shape, increasing their size, improving their firmness and correcting any imbalances present between two breasts. This procedure through FDA approved implants involves the making of incisions at strategic points to insert the synthetic implants safely. These implants will make your breasts look fuller and youthful something that most women out there are desperate to achieve. The result is a gorgeous appearance and an insane boost on one’s self-confidence.
Who is the ideal candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is an invasive but very safe procedure when performed by an expert equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Its safeness, therefore, makes it ideal for almost anyone looking for a boost both on their physical appearance and psychologically. There is, however, a group of people that are better off, not undergoing surgery. This is women that are looking for perfection with unrealistic expectations. Very few surgeons in Jacksonville FL or anywhere else will be willing to operate on such individuals. This is because perfection is hard to achieve and unrealistic expectations are even harder to satisfy. Such people will be quickly disappointed with the results and hence for most surgeons, avoiding these clients will help to save them from negative reviews and damage to their reputation.
If you have realistic expectations and decent medical history, then this plastic surgery is meant for you.
Types of breast Augmentation Implants
There are two main types of breast implants used. Patients can choose any of the two depending on various factors. Some of the things you need to consider before deciding which implant to use are the shape and size of breast that you are hoping to achieve. The two implants also differ in profile. Profile refers to how the implants will project the breasts from your chest wall. The two types of implants include:
- Saline Breasts Implants – Saline implants are made of a silicone shell in which a saltwater solution is carefully filled until the desired breast size is achieved. The implants, therefore, are grouped depending on the range of the saline solution they can accommodate. This hence means your doctor has control over just how accurate the implant should be in size and can consequently deliver more symmetrical results.
- Silicone Breast Implants – Silicone breast implants, on the other hand, are made of a silicone outer material that comes pre-filled with silicone gel. These implants, therefore, come in fixed sizes from which the surgeon will choose one depending on your desired outcome.
So, how do these two types of implants compare?
Saline vs. Silicone Implants
When you go through how the two implants look you will notice distinct differences. Saline tends to have a more firm look which is great for people that are trying to achieve a dramatic appearance. The downside of this is that in some instances rippling and wrinkling will also become visible. Silicone implants meanwhile look more natural thanks to the soft nature of both the gel and the covering silicone material. Rippling and wrinkling are also barely visible in these implants. They are hence the ideal choice for women undergoing breast augmentation after mastectomy or ones with limited breast tissue.
While both implants will increase the size of your breasts, the feeling you get when the breasts are touched is very different. With saline implants, your breast is more firm when they are touched. You can hence detect that the breast tissue does not feel natural. There is also the possibility that from touching the breasts one can feel the edges of the saline implant beneath. Perhaps this is why they are not as popular as silicone implants. In silicone, a touch on the breasts almost feels like the natural tissue. This is because the material and silicone gel used is highly responsive not just to the touch but also to factors such as gravity.
The other difference is in the sizes of the implants. Here, saline does seem to have the upper hand over silicone implants. This is because the saline implants can be filled with a more precise measurement of the salt water solution. This has helped to solve a lot of disproportional breast problems experienced by some women. With silicone implants, the size is fixed. The producers do, however, provide a wide variety of products trying as much as possible to ensure there’s a size for everyone.
Placement of Breast Implants
Plastic surgery is all about decisions, and the choice of where the implant is placed is one of such decisions. This will have a significant impact on your aesthetic appearance. Implants can be placed in three key areas:
- Beneath the muscles – Most surgeons recommend this particular placement. The implant will be inserted behind the pectoral minor and pectoral major muscles, rectus abdominus muscles, and serrates anterior muscle. The implants perform optimally when placed under the muscles.
- Partially beneath the muscles – This placement is mostly used when the surgeon is inserting the implants from beneath the breasts, i.e., using inframammary fold incisions. In such instances, it is challenging for the surgeon to insert the implants beneath all the four muscles fully. This placement delivers decent results, but there is a chance of the implants “bottoming out” after some time due to the lack of support from the rectus abdominus muscles.
- Above the muscles – This is where the implant is placed just behind your breast gland and on top of the muscles. The placement method is however highly discouraged because of the direct contact between the implants and the breast gland. Such contact increases chances of scarring which can make your breasts firm. The lack of support by any muscles also increases the chances of the implants to move down resulting in a fake breast appearance.
Breast Augmentation procedure
The surgery is done under general anesthesia and takes not more than 2 hours. In most cases, patients undergo this operation and are healthy and comfortable enough to be discharged on the same day. In cases where there is a risk of any complication, some facilities may offer inpatient services where you’ll be monitored for 24-48 hours before you are released.
Most patients resume their daily routines after 4-6 weeks. The final results of the operation will, however, be seen after 5 or so months.
Potential Complications of Breast Augmentation in Jacksonville FL
Breast augmentation is a pretty safe procedure, but just like any other surgeries it still comes with some possible complications.
One of the most prevalent complications is capsular contracture. This is when the capsule of the implant used starts to tighten up squeezing the implant. As a result, the breast tissue on top will start to feel hard. The complication can be treated through removal or replacement of the implant or scoring of the formed scar.
Excessive bleeding also occurs in some cases causing pain and swelling. The best way to tackle this is by conducting a revision procedure.
Some other rare complications include:
- Immune system diseases like scleroderma
- Loss or excessive sensitivity around the nipples
- Rapturing of implants
Costs of breast augmentation in Jacksonville FL
The charges of augmentation mammoplasty vary from one center to another. Different experts come in different prices and the choice of the implant to be used will also determine how much you’ll pay for this procedure. In Jacksonville FL, procedures involving saline implants are usually cheaper than silicone implants. All factors considered, $5,075 is the average cost of breast augmentation in this area. The prices can, however, go as high as $7,000 to $8500 especially if it’s a complicated procedure using silicone implants.
Insurance companies do not reimburse costs incurred in cosmetic surgeries like augmentation mammoplasty.